Applied Engineering Technology Initiative (AETI) – Our client, a long established Engineering company who is into power solutions is recruiting to fill the position below:
- Our client, has retained our services to search for a Trade Finance / Shipping Manager of high integrity to manage its shipping arm of the business in Lagos state.
Operational Accountability Area:
- Follow up on documentation related to shipments, by processing export documentation occasionally when the need arises; uploading and submitting Foreign Currency Applications with the allocated Banks after receiving supporting documents for Custom registration of Form M; processing Pre-Arrival Assessment Report with our banks and following up on import permit; uploading and submission of Marine insurance; tracking of shipment and following up with shipping company; following up on NERC permit with responsible section; to ensure proper control and accuracy of the documents for shipment. As well, maintain relevant shipment information available in soft and hard copy forms for current and future reference.
Coordination and Assessment:
- Follow up with Foreign Procurement department on Lebanon to send documents on time and before shipments arrive to start preparing for clearing, and ensure the agents have complete clearing documents on to time to avoid demurrage. And follow up with agents to get duty assessment before shipment arrive to coordinate with relevant sections.
Letter of Credit:
- Receive and submit Control/Clearance documents, by writing and uploading LC online (Mode of Shipment), requesting for draft, coordinating with the banks and other parties till the revised draft is transmitted to generate LC Telex, following up with our banks for sourcing and allocation of foreign currency for our LC, amending LC on request, accepting discrepancies on either the LC or the shipping documents, to guarantee proper financing of the shipments.
- Process shipping document for clearing containers and customs, by preparing and sending clearing documents to relevant section, following up with clearing agents on shipments at the port, and processing of NAFDAC Permit to Import / Clearing chemicals, to ensure minimal demurrage payments and time delays.
- Prepare and process payment documents for shipments, by receiving new Proforma Invoice from Lebanon and updating Shipment Register/ filing, reconciliation of shipping companies statements on monthly basis, updating PFI expenses on weekly basis, receiving agents’ clearing invoices and submitting to account for payment, preparing BID letter for payment of foreign currency back to our suppliers, processing, payment of custom duty and collection of original shipping documents from our banks, to guarantee no outstanding payments occur.
Standardization Bodies and Government Entities:
- Process and Pay Standards Organization of Nigeria demand notes and follow up to obtain import permits, as well as, reconciliation of SON profile on monthly basis.
- Follow on Customs and Ministry Letters to ensure validity and make renewals and extensions as needed.
- Update shipping register, by entering relevant information and updates of shipments and timelines, and forward it factory on daily basis, for schedule update, and update clearing expenses report to obtain statistics on cleared items.
- Degree – B.Sc / HND / OND in related course of study.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Total Years Experience 0-5