The Amazon Suites, a 20-suite, five-star boutique hotel in Yaba, Lagos Nigeria. A rich luxury showpiece with a contemporary city garden ambience.
- Hotel Accountant – Control is in charge of the financial matters involved with running a hotel. Tasked with monitoring and approving all financial decisions a hotel makes, and therefore must have thorough knowledge of Management, Accounting and finance to be effective at their job.
- The Accountant – Control is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and provides support to the General Manager.
- Directs and coordinates hotels activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximize full potential with a balanced focus on hotels mission, guests, employees and owners satisfaction.
- Financial Control Resposibilitiies
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and
- financial controls, compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation
- Identify the risks that a business faces and develop preventive strategies.
- Reviewing of SOP from time to time.
- Provide training on policy and controls.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Review Vendor creation, Customer Creation (Agreements), Credit setting for customers.
- Review Capex project briefs and compliance with procedures.
- Credit control (Receivables, staff float outstanding).
- Field force expenses management and control.
- Checking of Consumption vs Bill of materials to detect and eliminate any shortages/pilferages.
- Checking the asset disposal bidding process.
- Reviewing the Fixed assets register from time to time, physical asset count exercise.
- Supervise the physical Stock positions
- Checking of payroll such as overtime, Leave allowance, incentives etc.
- Evaluating accounting processes audit trail.
- Tax and Regulatory Affairs – Ensure all tax and regulatory filings are made promptly.
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
- Strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. And provide coaching, advice and assistance as required.
- Analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication skills and perfect command of the English language.
- Conversant with Hotel Management Software System.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- A University Degree or Diploma in Accounting. Experience in Financial Accounting, Personnel supervision and problem resolutions is a added advantage. Excellent computer system skills.
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in the Accounting / Finance.
- Hospitality industry experience , with significant luxury and international experience is a added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Address Plot 104, Rev Williams Avenue Sabo, Yaba, Yaba 101212, Lagos
- Total Years Experience 5-10