eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Purpose of the Position
- The Software Developer will be responsible for developing and supporting the architecture, infrastructure, and software applications
- This technical position involves using established agile methodologies to analyze, design, develop, implement, maintain, re-engineer and troubleshoot applications.
- S/he will work closely with the other Software team members to prepare communications, and coordinate meetings, and training sessions.
What You’ll Do
- Provide program and project support to the Health Informatics Manager and the Development management team.
- Design and develop software applications as required by the organization and its donors.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in existing software applications
- Analyze and study complex systems requirements. Prepare design documentation.
- Understand how data flows within various systems to provide input on requirements for databases to ensure data is organized properly for reporting and analytics.
- Prepare training manuals for users to ensure application ease of use.
- Works daily with a team of self-organized, cross-functional, talented developers to design, build and implement systems and software for a network of primary health clinics and research laboratories.
- Works with a collaborative software development team and end users to implement system functionality and new features based on user requirements, use cases, prioritized project needs, and/or stakeholder direction.
- Collaborates with product owners, and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain both web-& mobile-based applications
- Assists in the estimation and assessment of the feasibility of solutions.
- Participates in the evolution of company-level software best practices, standards, and policies
- Grows valuable skills in software interoperability, architecture, medical device integration, and component-based software design.
- Contribute toward the continuous improvement of project management methodology utilized within the Development team.
- Miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned to support the management team
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology, or a related field.
- A postgraduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience.
- Well-familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Scrum, Agile, etc.).
- Strong understanding of Java or Kotlin, and Android development..
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills as well as a proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git).
- Experience in the creation and review of software and architecture designs.
- Fluent in English.
- Salary Offer ₦100.000 ~ ₦200.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10