Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan Affrican countries.
- The IC&A Technologist will be responsible for the inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and servicing of plant instrumentation equipment like flow meters, temperature controls, wellhead control panels, transmitters and flow controllers.
- He/she is also involved in the development of planned maintenance schedules for instrumentation equipment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities of the ICA Tech include:
- Carry out planned maintenance on instrumentation equipment in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system.
- Carry out unplanned maintenance and parts replacement on broken down instrumentation equipment.
- Carry out isolations of instrument and control systems.
- Undertake inspection and maintenance of instrumentation equipment in hazardous areas.
- Administer the relevant contract, its contractors and suppliers associated to the works as contract holder to ensure compliance to the procedures, policies and guidelines set to support the maintenance needs.
- Identify and propose the implementation of innovative ways to enhance the reliability of instrumentation equipment.
- Update maintenance logs on the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to ensure data and history of equipment maintenance activities are captured accurately.
- Carry out investigative testing activities.
- Modify, repair and/or replace instrumentation systems and equipment.
- Assist with the coordination of spare parts requirements and the optimization of spares stack levels.
- Minimize downtime and contribute to the achievement of production targets.
- Inspect process equipment, instruments controls on heat exchangers, pumps, valves, vessels and tanks to ensure that they are in desired set points for optimal operation.
- Assist in the development of instrumentation processes and procedures.
Other activities of the ICA Tech:
- Ensure compliance with applicable HSE regulations whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs activities.
- Assist in developing preventive maintenance schedules for instrumentation equipment.
- Participates in operational meetings.
- 5 years of experience in maintenance and repairs of instrumentation equipment and electrical components in the oil and gas industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Relevant Certification.
- A Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage
- Detailed knowledge valves, actuators and various process equipment.
- Ability to effectively maintain and calibrate transmitters, valves, devices, chromatographs, and moisture analyzers.
- In depth knowledge of planned and corrective maintenance systems.
- Ability to read and understand Piping and Instrumentation diagram (P&IDs)
- Ability to work with a diverse team, manage multiple interfaces and tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to develop risk assessments.
- Offshore surface equipment experience needed.
- Knowledge of the safety regulations and working in a hazardous area.
- Ability to understand the principals of flow, level, temperature, calibrations, and control.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Experience: Minimum Experience 5 Year
- Other experience: 5 years of experience in maintenance and repairs of instrumentation equipment and electrical components in the oil and gas industry.
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Total Years Experience 0-5