Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Reference No: Finance-Obajana-007
- Responsible for monitoring all inventory transactions in the general ledger.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the cost of inventory at the plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Organise and coordinate periodic physical inventory counts and cycle counts at the plant in line with DCP’s inventory management policies and highlight variances to the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
- Maintain the general ledger for DCP’s inventory at the plant.
- Coordinate with Production and Materials Management to reconcile inventory records.
- Perform period closing and related activities for reconciliation of inventory to general ledger.
- Carry out valuation of stock after each count and identify obsolete or disused stock for disposal and write-off.
- Revalue inventory at the new approved standard rates on a periodic basis.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or a related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Good understanding of SAP and inventory control systems with a working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Address Obajana, Kogi
- Total Years Experience 5-10