The Amazon Suites, a 20-suite, five-star boutique hotel in Yaba, Lagos Nigeria. A rich luxury showpiece with a contemporary city garden ambience.
- Hotel Accountant – Control is in charge of the financial matters involved with running a hotel. Tasked with monitoring and approving all financial decisions a hotel makes, and therefore must have a thorough knowledge of Management, Accounting and finance to be effective at their job.
- The Accountant – Control is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and provides support to the General Manager.
- Directs and coordinates hotels activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximize full potential with a balanced focus on hotels mission, guests, employees and owners satisfaction.
Day To Day Management Responsibilities:
- Assist the General Manager in his day-to-day operations.
- Assigns duties to HOD’s and observers performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Provides training to staff and HOD’s.
- Acts as the hotels public relations director and promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Assist GM in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Assist General Manager in wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages are followed by the company and industry salary guidelines.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD’s and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
- Cover shifts is all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
- Assist the GM in all aspects of business planning.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
Financial Control Resposibilitiies:
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation
- Identify the risks that a business faces and develop preventive strategies.
- Reviewing of SOP from time to time.
- Provide training on policy and controls.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Review Vendor creation, Customer Creation (Agreements), Credit setting for customers.
- Review Capex project briefs and compliance with procedures.
- Credit control (Receivables, staff float outstanding).
- Field force expenses management and control.
- Checking of Consumptions vs Bill of materials to detect and eliminate any shortages/pilferages.
- Checking the asset disposal bidding process.
- Reviewing the Fixed assets register from time to time, physical asset count exercise.
- Supervise the physical Stock positions
- Checking of payroll such as overtime, Leave allowance, incentives etc.
- Evaluating accounting processes audit trail.
- Tax and Regulatory Affairs – Ensure all tax and regulatory filings are made promptly.
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
- Strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. And provide coaching, advice and assistance as required.
- Analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication skills and perfect command of the English language.
- Conversant with Hotel Management Software System.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- A University Degree or Diploma in Accounting.
- Experience in Financial accounting, personnel supervision and problem resolutions is an added advantage. Excellent computer system skills.
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance.
- Hospitality industry experience, with significant luxury and international experience is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Address Plot 104, Rev Williams Avenue Sabo, Yaba, Yaba 101212, Lagos
- Total Years Experience 5-10